Pallet racking can be considered as one of the greatest achievements of modern logistics. These ‘shelves without shelves’ offer you greater benefits compared to the traditional warehouse shelving systems.
Here are some benefits of the pallet racking system as listed by Modular Storage System.
- Improved safety. Pallet racks are made of high-quality materials, which means the safety of the employees and the stored goods are better taken care of.
- Increased productivity. The vertical storage system allows employees to locate the materials in less time. The forklifts can easily navigate the warehouse and retrieve the needed unit. It improves not only productivity but also business efficiency.
- Great alternative to shelving. Unlike shelves, pallet racks have less impact on the warehouse and in cases of relocation, there is even less clean-up.
- Improved airflow and ventilation. Compared to traditional shelving, pallet racking provides better airflow and ventilation, therefore it makes your warehouse feel less claustrophobic.
- Easy installation. It’s so easy and fast to install, which means you are not wasting important business hours.
- Faster access to goods. The wide aisle racking allows your team to access goods faster and easier through the removal of obstacles. You also need lesser equipment to get to the stocks. Typically, a counterbalance forklift is enough.
- More shelf space. Pallet racking utilises high shelves and narrow aisles. This system maximises your warehouse space.
- Provides you with a drive-in racking system. This allows creates to be stored deep within pallet racket units. The forklifts can simply drive in the units and store the pallets. This is great for storing items for long periods of time in a first-in, last-out system.
Pallet racking manufacturers to find ways on how to add greater benefits to the installation of pallet racking systems. For instance, special pallet rollers can be installed so you can easily roll pallets deeper into the units. While this is somewhat similar to a drive-in pallet system, it caters to the growing demands of businesses who require this particular type of storage coordination.