When water damage occurs in your home or office, either due to a natural disaster or a plumbing issue, the first thing you should do is to call water damage control services for prompt action. This is highly important because water damage, if not controlled at the earliest, can lead to other issues. This includes greater loss of property, weakening of the structural integrity of the building, and mold growth.
When you call water damage control services, BossCarpetCleaning.com says you can expect the following:
Damage Inspection and Assessment
As a primary step, the service personnel will inspect and assess the extent of water damage to your property. Afterwards, they will present a cleanup proposal to you.
Actual Cleanup Work
Once you give your nod, the service personnel will then begin their actual cleanup work. This usually include the following:
• Water extraction using a powerful extraction system.
• All completely damaged goods will be removed, so that water extraction may be carried out smoothly.
• The furniture will be moved to drier areas to enable unhindered water extraction.
• After visible water has been removed, moisture meters will be used to detect the presence of moisture in the property for removal.
• Anti-microbial treatment to control the spread of disease.
• Drying of all household and office goods using the right equipment to avoid mold growth.
In addition, water damage services will also carry out repairs to whatever items were damaged around the house, including carpet damages. If there are bigger repairs involved, you can call other service providers specializing on the damage.
Through their thorough cleanup process, the goal of water damage control services is to return your home or office to its pre-water damage condition. Before help arrives, you can start by keeping all important documents and other items away from the wet areas.