1. This week has been horrendous - HORRENDOUS. I’ll just leave it at that and try to count my blessings because there are many.
2. Poor Niko is suffering some major anxiety over the separation, and, frankly, it’s caught me off guard. Not because I’m an idiot and didn’t think it would affect him, but between the two of them I expected Zoë to take it harder. So far she’s handling it in stride. (Please, God, let it stay that way.) Last night The Man and I had a late-night summit and came up with a schedule and routine that will hopefully help Niko as long as we’re consistent. It’s just killing me to see my baby suffer.
3. My sweet-hearted girl donated her hair this week. We chose Pantene Beautiful Lengths at the recommendation of Alexis, who you should call for an appointment right now. She is one cool chick, so I’ll do whatever she says. Zoë loves her, too, and said to me on the way to the appointment, “What color do you think Alexis’s hair will be today?”
4. A few weeks ago I opened my big fat mouth about Zoë escaping the plagues of flu season. I’m just gonna stop talking forever. About 2 hours after her haircut she started coughing and HAS.NOT.STOPPED. Pneumonia and whooping cough were ruled out – sighofrelief – and I’m now told she “just has a raging case of bronchitis.” Oy vey.
5. On a slightly happier note, Dottie hasn’t sh*t in the house for 3 days.
6. Speaking of having a bad memory (oh…we weren’t?) I can’t remember what I wore today, but I do remember having this picture taken with my sweet ones almost 3 years ago. Now Niko is 4; Zoë will be 8 next week. I can’t slow time, can I?
7. Pass. Now go visit Jen for better reading!