1. My little house has spent the past two weeks doubling as a pediatric ward. Poor Niko had the flu for a week and then had a run-in with the stomach version which lasted 5 days. (Who needs to work? Not me, apparently.) I guess there’s no such thing as a 24-hour bug anymore? We’re in the same boat as everyone else this time of year, yes, but I’m not sure everyone else’s kids maintain such good moods whilst puking their guts out. I am one lucky mama.
2. Zoë has thus far avoided the plagues of flu season. Instead she’s taken to writing poetry. Here is her first limerick:
There once was a big scaly lizard,
Who found himself caught in a blizzard.
He called to a gecko,
But heard only echo,
And instead along came a wizard.
3. I decided to write a little limerick of my own. And here it is:
There once were four ladies of gold,
Who no one dared ever call old.
Bringing men to their knees,
Eating cakes made of cheese,
They never were left in the cold.
4. Speaking of Zoë and stomach bugs (TMI alert) yesterday she and I were laughing about her bout with last year’s devil bug, and I reminded her that the bathroom walls suffered some splattering of the “other end” persuasion. She doubled over in laughter, then said, “It was like fire blowing out of a rocket!”
5. I bought a Mumford & Sons t-shirt yesterday. I’m pretty sure that warrants a full take.
6. On the more eventful side of my universe, apparently Dottie the F’ing Dog helped herself to some rat poison recently, and I’ve just spent the last 5 hours and my last $2,700 at the vet where she is now sleeping soundly awaiting a blood transfusion. Excellent. Even better is the prospect of spending the weekend locating the poison, if that’s even possible.
Looking on the bright side, however, tomorrow I’ll be able to sleep past 6:00 a.m. because I won’t have to get up and let her out. There is always a silver lining here at Chez Crazy.
7. A friend of mine recently posted this hilarious video. Since laughter cures all, I’ve watched it about 50 times in the past 24 hours. Enjoy.
For more QT fun, click here and visit Jen.