Again with the linking up at Conversion Diary…
1. I have roughly 4 minutes to write my Takes today, so they’ll be short and not the point as usual. Take 1, boom.
2. We have an official move-in date and will be calling Little Italy home on July 1st! Woot! I’m soooo excited but will miss being waited on hand and foot by the ‘rents. Will someone please remind me why the 16-year-old me just couldn’t wait to be a grownup and live all by her lonesome? If I could go back and smack her I’d just kick the sh*t out of her and be done with it.
3. I got to spend this week in a new courthouse courtesy of temporarily calling South Bay (aka 5 minutes away from Mexico) my home. At first I thought I’d hate it since it’s not in big bad downtown but I LOVED IT! The people are so nice down here, and I’m so happy to be living closer so I can work there more often. Seriously, the place reminds me of a public library but with metal detectors and people in handcuffs. Love it.
4. Last night I had my first ever experience with Transformers, reading the discount Barnes & Noble cartoon book to Niko. I kept calling the Decepticons “Deceptitrons” and Niko did his not-best to be patient with me for being such a dumb ass. I may at one time have called the Autobots “Acrobats,” but it was probably on purpose. When we were introduced to “Jazz,” some shiny transforming Acrobat (heh), Niko jumped up in bed and said, “Whoa…Oppa Gangnam Style!”
5. Next week the kids and I are jetting off to the great state of Montana. There are two possibilities: 1) Revitalization due to fresh air and big skies; and 2) Commitment of yours truly to a mental institution on Day 2 due to traveling alone with chimpanzees. Time will tell.
6. Zoë is now a third-grader. I might cry.
7. Seriously, when did I turn into Frumpy Frumperstein? Time to stop eating nachos and break out that dusty Brazil Butt video. Blech….
Happily I’ve reached 7. Now head over to Jen’s place and erase this post from your memory forever.